- What is Mad Decent Boat Party 2015?
- How does the Waiting List work?
- What does the price of Mad Decent Boat Party 2015 include?
- How do I book a stateroom?
- What do I need to know about Playa Mia?
- How do I let someone add me to their cabin?
- What is a Sixthman Username?
- Are there any cruise discounts available?
- How do I make a payment?
- Can each roommate make their own payments?
- What are the age requirements for Mad Decent Boat Party 2015?
- What is the referral program for Mad Decent Boat Party 2015?
- What is the legal drinking age on board?
- What is the alcohol policy?
- Am I guaranteed access to all shows onboard?
What is Mad Decent Boat Party 2015?
We downed more than a few bottles of Fireball, so it’s a little hazy – but we know last year’s Mad Decent Boat Party was full of insane surprises. Like when Skrillex snuck on the ship for a massive Jack Ü set. Or when Flosstradamus got EVERYBODY in the mosh pit. And who could forget that epic MadFam stampede into the ocean on our private island with Major Lazer?!
Now we’re doing it all over again but its going to be even crazier!
This is the ultimate Mad Decent Block Party experience at sea. Join us November 11-15, 2015 as Mad Decent and Diplo host another crazy boat adventure. Get ready for four days of friends, fun, sun and non-stop music. This year the Norwegian Pearl is headed to Cozumel, Mexico and the Playa Mia Grand Beach & Water Park for an exclusive party that includes lunch on us, an open bar, admission into their water park, and shows from some of your favorite artists. Go for a swim, get wet on some water slides, or just wait for that beat to drop on the beach as you down your favorite drink with you favorite artists and friends.
DON’T MISS OUT.
How does the Waiting List work?
Mad Decent Boat Party 2015 is currently full. If we have cancelations prior to departure (which we often do), we will fill those rooms via our Waiting List. To join the Waiting List click here.
When signing up for the waiting list, you will be asked what type of cabin you want. You will be required to put down a $199 deposit that is NON REFUNDABLE, except in the event we do not have a cabin for you by September 30, 2015. This means that we will refund your deposit if we cannot accommodate your cabin request by September 30, 2015, but you will forfeit your deposit if you decide to take yourself off the list before that time.
After September 30, 2015 we will send an email to everyone still on the waiting list asking if they would like to remain on it. If you would like to take yourself off of the waiting list at that time, you may do so and receive a check for the full refund of your deposit. If you choose to stay on the waiting list past September 30, 2015, and we cannot accommodate your cabin request before the cruise sails, we will automatically refund your deposit a few weeks after sailing.
FIRST AVAILABLE - If you chose “First Available – Waiting List First Available”, you are committing to take any type of cabin that may come available, including suites.
What does the price of Mad Decent Boat Party 2015 include?
In addition to admission to all cruise concerts, the price of your room also includes:
- Round trip cruise from Port of Miami to Cozumel.
- Playa Mia beach excursion in Cozumel (including lunch buffet and open bar)
- All meals (there's gourmet fare in the formal dining rooms, casual indoor and outdoor grills open for meals throughout the day and 24-hour room service).
- Non-carbonated beverages (i.e. tea, juices, coffee).
- Use of the ship's beautiful pool and hot tubs* (all with plenty of deck space to enjoy a cocktail and some great music).
- Use of the Norwegian Pearl's amenities such as: casino, health and fitness center, 4-lane bowling alley, rock climbing wall, full sized basketball/volleyball/tennis court, and video arcade.
- Taxes, port charges and ticketing are added at check-out and pre-paid by you ($250.00 per person).
* Due to stage placement and weather conditions, some pools and hot tubs may be closed for safety during the cruise.
Not included are:
- Gratuities ($12.00 per person, per day will be charged to your onboard spending account).
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Soft drinks and bottled water. (However, a package is available for a low price which get you unlimited soft drinks throughout the cruise.)
- While many restaurants on board are FREE, some Specialty Restaurants you choose to go to require a cover charge. (Pricing for each can be found here.)
- Pre-cruise or post-cruise hotels - see our Hotels page for details.
- Ground transportation.
- Travel insurance (available through Sixthman).
How do I book a stateroom?
Booking your stateroom is easy! You can book online at maddecentboatparty.com/booknow, or over the phone by calling 877-379-9190.
PLEASE NOTE! Lead Passengers, if you or your guest(s) needs a Sixthman Username you can create one while booking. If you and your guest have Sixthman Usernames, have your guest add you as an Approved Lead Passenger in their account. You'll then see your guest in Your Authorized Guests list and you'll be able to add them as a guest in your cabin while booking!
Anyone who has traveled with Sixthman previously has a username and will not need to create one. If you don't know your login credentials, you can recover them here.
What do I need to know about Playa Mia?
The Playa Mia beach excursion is included in the price of your stateroom. All you have to do is show up!
- Entrance to Playa Mia Grand Beach & Water Park
- Areas Include:
- Oasis Island Swimming Pool
- Buccaneer’s Bay Kid’s Activities Pool
- Twin Twister Water Slides
- Floating Park
- Areas Include:
- Domestic Open Bar
- Purified Bottled Water
- Draft Beer
- Assorted Soft Drinks
- Mixed Drinks* with Tequila, Mezcal, Brandy, Rum, Vodka (*for safety reasons, straight shots are not provided; alcoholic beverages are served as mixed drinks.)
- Lunch Buffet
- Main Dishes include tacos, fajitas, and burritos with veggie or meat options. In addition, there will be a cold station with salad, an array of side dishes, and dessert.
- Use of:
- Lounge Chairs, Hammocks, Floating Mats, and Inflatable hubs
- Kayaks, Hobbie Cats, Paddle Boats, and Water Bicycles
- Ping Pong Tables, Volleyball Court, Soccer Court, Playground
- Special performances by some of your favorite Mad Decent artists!
- Transportation is not included, a 4-passenger taxi ride is about $20 USD each way (fee is per vehicle for up to 4 people) and taxis are always available at the entrance of the park for your return to the ship. All you’ll need to do is tell your taxi driver, “Bring me to Playa Mia Grand Beach & Water Park!”
- Other optional services and activities such as massage, snorkel gear rental, wave runners, locker rental, towel rental, and beach umbrella rental are available for an additional fee. There is also a shopping area on the property.
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW
- Non-Refundable: The MadFam only Playa Mia shore excursion is included in the cabin fare for each guest.
- Playa Mia is located about 20-25 minutes from the Port.
- Most areas of Playa Mia are wheelchair accessible and there are a limited amount of beach wheelchairs to access the beach area. Please contact us with specific questions.
- Playa Mia requires a valid photo ID as proof of age for the consumption of alcoholic beverage.
- You can access a Map of Playa Mia HERE.
- Playa Mia only takes cash (USD or Mexican Pesos) for the optional services, the shopping area, or tipping of bar staff.
- Review the Park's Safety Regulations HERE.
How do I let someone add me to their cabin?
To let someone add you to their reservation, you'll need to have a Sixthman Username and add your lead passenger to Your Approved Lead Passengers list. Create a Sixthman profile here, or login to your existing profile. Then, in the Guest Permissions section, click the "Add New Lead Passenger" button and enter your lead passenger's username. Once you save it, they'll appear in Your Approved Lead Passengers list. You're all set, the lead passenger can now add you as a guest in their cabin!
What is a Sixthman Username?
Each guest needs a Sixthman Username to create, manage, or be added to a reservation. Click here to create your Sixthman Username. Your username should be something that is easy for you to remember such as your name or nickname.
If you have traveled with Sixthman previously or signed up for the Mad Decent Boat Party 2015 Pre-Sale, you have a username and will not need to create one. If you don't know your username, you can recover it here. You can also contact us and we will be happy to look it up for you (try our live chat feature or contact us).
Use your Sixthman Username to login throughout the year to update your personal information, make payments, add guests, or make changes to your reservation. To manage your reservation, sign in using your Sixthman Username here.
Are there any cruise discounts available?
Paid In Full Discount: Reservations made through May 11, 2015 that are paid in full within 72 hours of booking will receive a 5% discount off cabin fare. The Paid In Full Discount will only apply if the entire cabin is paid for and is not available on a per person basis.
Military Discount: A discount of 5% off cabin fare is granted to any active-duty military personnel. Please contact Sixthman directly at the time of booking if you are eligible for this discount. We reserve the right to check military IDs at the port.
Single Occupancy discount of $199.00. (See "What if I Want to Book a Single Occupancy Cabin" here for details.)
No combining of discounts is allowed.
How do I make a payment?
To make a payment, booked guests can login to their Sixthman account and click 'Make a Payment' next to their reservation. Any named guest on a reservation can submit an online payment.
Payments can also be made via phone by calling Sixthman at 877-379-9190.
Can each roommate make their own payments?
The Lead Passenger on the reservation is responsible for making sure minimum payments are met. However, each guest can log in (or call in) individually to make their own payment for their share of the cabin with their own credit card information.
When making the reservation, the Lead Passenger can pay for only their portion of the minimum initial deposit, but the reservation must be brought current within 72 hours. Within this time frame, other passengers can make their initial payments. The Lead Passenger is responsible for making sure the reservation is current within 72 hours or will risk cancellation.
What are the age requirements for Mad Decent Boat Party 2015?
All guests must be at least 18 years old to sail.
A young adult is defined as an individual between the ages of 18 and 20 as of November 11.
An adult is defined as someone 21 years of age or older as of November 11.
Young adults must be accompanied by an adult in the same or connecting stateroom.
Note: Two people under the age of 21 may travel together in the same stateroom if they are a married couple and provide proof of marriage to a Norwegian representative at the pier before embarkation.
Guest ages will be verified at embarkation. Guests not conforming to this policy will be denied boarding and assessed a 100% cancelation penalty. NO exceptions will be made at embarkation.
What is the referral program for Mad Decent Boat Party 2015?
You can earn money for referring your friends who have never attended a Sixthman event to Mad Decent Boat Party 2015 whether you are sailing with us or not!
For Cruisers: For each new cabin you refer to Mad Decent Boat Party 2015, you will earn $100 credit to your onboard spending account. Referrers will see a $100 credit on their onboard spending account by the third day of the cruise.
For Non-Cruisers: For each new cabin you refer to Mad Decent Boat Party 2015, you will earn $50 cash! Referrers will be sent a check after the cruise has returned to ensure the referred passenger sailed.
Policy Details: Referrals will be reconciled 2 weeks prior to sailing, and will appear on the referrer’s confirmation. Please contact Sixthman PRIOR TO sailing if your referral does not appear on your confirmation.
All guests in the referred cabin must be new to any Sixthman event, and the referral must be requested at the time of booking or registering for any waiting list.
The guest booking the new cabin must put your Sixthman Username in the REFERRAL blank when placing their reservation. Referrals are not retroactive, and cannot be added after the reservation has been made. Referrals apply to full cabins only; they do not apply to individual guests within a cabin or during the pre-sale period. The program ends 30 days prior to sailing. When a referred cabin is booked, an email is sent to the referrer listing the lead passenger's name and email address.
Sign up for a Sixthman Username at sixthman.net/account and start referring today!
What is the legal drinking age on board?
Passengers must be 21 years of age or older to purchase or consume alcohol on the ship.
Norwegian permits young adults (18-21) to purchase and personally consume wine and beer only while onboard and with the consent of an accompanying parent. Authorization will be given only when the accompanying parent completes the Young Adult Alcoholic Beverage Waiver form, which can be obtained and completed at the Guest Services Desk upon embarkation of the ship.
What is the alcohol policy?
Norwegian Alcohol Policy
Please note that with the exception of Wine and Champagne, all guests are prohibited from bringing alcohol on board our ships. If you purchase any alcohol at one of our ports-of-call or in our onboard shops, the ship will safely store your purchase(s) and until either the final night of the cruise or the morning of debarkation, at which time it willbe available for pick up in a designated area.
Wine & Champagne Policy
Guests may bring bottles of wine and champagne on board. When bottles are brought on board and served or consumed in any restaurant, public room area or in their stateroom, a corkage fee will be charged according to bottle sizes noted below.
750 ml Bottle: $15.00
1,000 ml Bottle: $ 20.00
1,500 ml Magnum: $30.00
Wine or champagne sent directly to the ship by travel agents, friends, family, etc. or from another retail source, are subject to the same fees. Box wines are not allowed on board.
To speed up the process of checking your wine or champagne at the port, print out this form and bring it with you.
Norwegian Gifts & More Program Information
Guests can order items through the Gifts & More program—including bottles of liquor (not advertised but available if you call), soda cards, and gourmet treats—up until 10 days prior to sailing. Want to order something special so you can sail away in style? Check out Norwegian's variety of Gifts & More here and place your order by phone at 866-931-6743. The Ultimate Beverage Package is NOT available for purchase for this festival.
Am I guaranteed access to all shows onboard?
Mad Decent Boat Party 2015 is run “festival style,” with multiple shows going on simultaneously. All of these shows are general admission, so you’re welcome to come and go as you wish!
There are performances where capacity is limited, however the artists perform multiple times during the cruise.