Community Management Specialist (Warrior)
Community ambassador and creator of FUN, engage our communities, set the vision for the event, and deliver a level of guest service that will create memories that last a lifetime. Serves as expert on communities you lead from demographics to fan dynamics and expectations.
Tribal Leader, High 5, Host, Guide, Tone, Promise, Engage, Connect, Vision
- Lead multiple assigned communities through various online and offline outlets. Create excitement about the event for guests and seek to solve their most pressing needs by fully understanding their passions, goals and desires for the event.
- Research communities and “swim in it” by leveraging online resources, travel to events where you can interact with your community, host town halls (virtually or in person), cultivate relationships with influencers and key members of the community, and any other resources as defined by you.
- Lead event meetings and brainstorms. Narrow down, define, and pitch concepts to external partners. Own the decision-making and logistics processes for defined elements of the festival including but not limited to overall vision and “feel,” broad event themes, specific theme nights, activities, collaborations, and collateral.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams regularly throughout event cycle and execution of assigned events.
- Consult with talent buyer and or Partner Relations on the vision for the line-up, bring in the voice of the community and make recommendations for artists and ancillary talent.
- Develop and implement communication strategy for both proactive and reactive messaging to your communities for news both good and bad and monitor the community’s reaction and respond as necessary.
- Lead and facilitate 90, 60, and 30 day out as well as post event download meetings.
- Project manage assigned events in Basecamp from concept through post-event follow up ensuring appropriate departments and roles are engaged and that assigned deadlines are met (for example, the event program).
- Generate creative and compelling content for festival websites, socials, emails, collateral, and more. Oversee and assist in the creation of content for your event websites, ensuring they are customized to fit the community of the event.
- Research social media trends. Create engaging content for your festival’s online channels. Leverage channels to excite and inform your communities while working with Marketing and Partner Relations to build retention and awareness.
- Create and execute a plan to ensure your community feels SPECIAL (as defined by Sixthman as INVITED, INFORMED, EXCITED, LOOKED AFTER, and APPRECIATED) from festival concept to completion and beyond. Work with the design and collateral teams to generate gift and merchandise ideas for the festival.
- Support and collaborate with our Guest Services team by seeking out and addressing guest feedback and questions as they relate to your events and communities.
- Represent the company on social media, through direct guest communications, and in person at the event while looking for opportunities to deliver SPECIAL on scales big and small.
- Understand the Company’s policies and be prepared to speak with guests and make the decisions as to whether to “Hold the Line” listening to their concerns but explaining to them why their request cannot be accommodated or whether to “Make it Right” and approve an exception, change, accommodation, etc. if appropriate.
- Additional projects and duties as assigned
- Attend several of the Company’s festivals annually and perform various duties onsite which could include leading the community as Warrior or assisting in guest services, ushering, artist relations, etc. with goal of delivering world class experience to guest, artists and partners
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. (Communications, Marketing, Hospitality, or similar field preferred.)
- 2+ years experience with event management, social media and community management, and a strong sense of customer service is a plus
- Must have good verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills, Problem solving abilities, Detail oriented with high accuracy
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changes or challenges
- Computer proficiency (Email, Word, and Excel skills)
- Must be located in Greater Atlanta Area
- Candidate must be willing and able to comply with any mandatory safety protocols required to enter Sixthman’s office or sail on Sixthman’s events.
WHO LEADS YOU
Senior Manager of Community Management