- What do I need to know about Playa Mia?
- What is the policy regarding Photo and Video etiquette?
- What is the dress code on board?
- What is the legal drinking age on board?
- What is the smoking policy on the Norwegian Pearl?
- What shore excursions are available and how do I book them?
- Is there internet access on board?
- What dining options are available on board?
- Can special dietary needs be accommodated?
- How do I pay for on board expenses?
- What types of ship to shore communication are available?
What do I need to know about Playa Mia?
The Playa Mia beach excursion is included in the price of your stateroom. All you have to do is show up!
- Entrance to Playa Mia Grand Beach & Water Park
- Areas Include:
- Oasis Island Swimming Pool
- Buccaneer’s Bay Kid’s Activities Pool
- Twin Twister Water Slides
- Floating Park
- Areas Include:
- Domestic Open Bar
- Purified Bottled Water
- Draft Beer
- Assorted Soft Drinks
- Mixed Drinks* with Tequila, Mezcal, Brandy, Rum, Vodka (*for safety reasons, straight shots are not provided; alcoholic beverages are served as mixed drinks.)
- Lunch Buffet
- Main Dishes include tacos, fajitas, and burritos with veggie or meat options. In addition, there will be a cold station with salad, an array of side dishes, and dessert.
- Use of:
- Lounge Chairs, Hammocks, Floating Mats, and Inflatable hubs
- Kayaks, Hobbie Cats, Paddle Boats, and Water Bicycles
- Ping Pong Tables, Volleyball Court, Soccer Court, Playground
- Special performances by some of your favorite Mad Decent artists!
- Transportation is not included, a 4-passenger taxi ride is about $20 USD each way (fee is per vehicle for up to 4 people) and taxis are always available at the entrance of the park for your return to the ship. All you’ll need to do is tell your taxi driver, “Bring me to Playa Mia Grand Beach & Water Park!”
- Other optional services and activities such as massage, snorkel gear rental, wave runners, locker rental, towel rental, and beach umbrella rental are available for an additional fee. There is also a shopping area on the property.
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW
- Non-Refundable: The MadFam only Playa Mia shore excursion is included in the cabin fare for each guest.
- Playa Mia is located about 20-25 minutes from the Port.
- Most areas of Playa Mia are wheelchair accessible and there are a limited amount of beach wheelchairs to access the beach area. Please contact us with specific questions.
- Playa Mia requires a valid photo ID as proof of age for the consumption of alcoholic beverage.
- You can access a Map of Playa Mia HERE.
- Playa Mia only takes cash (USD or Mexican Pesos) for the optional services, the shopping area, or tipping of bar staff.
- Review the Park's Safety Regulations HERE.
What is the policy regarding Photo and Video etiquette?
Fixed lens camera photography is permitted everywhere on board, but please refrain from flash photography and use of tablets (iPads etc.) in all indoor venues. Use of audio recording devices, professional cameras (video or still), or detachable lens cameras will not be permitted on board.
What is the dress code on board?
The dress code for Mad Decent Boat Party 2015 is much more relaxed than a normal cruise. We want you to be comfortable! The only thing we ask is that you don't wear bathing suits or ripped clothing in the dining room. As we get closer to cruise time, we’ll be announcing several "theme nights" – so be prepared to get creative and join in on the fun!
What is the legal drinking age on board?
Passengers must be 21 years of age or older to purchase or consume alcohol on the ship.
Norwegian permits young adults (18-21) to purchase and personally consume wine and beer only while onboard and with the consent of an accompanying parent. Authorization will be given only when the accompanying parent completes the Young Adult Alcoholic Beverage Waiver form, which can be obtained and completed at the Guest Services Desk upon embarkation of the ship.
What is the smoking policy on the Norwegian Pearl?
As the health and well-being of our guests and crew is of the utmost importance, Norwegian Cruise Line will institute changes to its smoking policy for all sailings on or after November 1, 2014. The specific changes prohibit smoking on stateroom balconies and limit smoking in the casino to players.
Public areas throughout all our ships are smoke-free. If you smoke regular or electronic cigarettes, you can do so in designated areas only. If you prefer pipes or cigars, you can smoke in the Cigar Bar (when available) or designated smoking lounge. Smoking cigarettes, electronic cigarettes, cigars and pipes is permitted in outdoor public guest spaces and open decks where designated by the ship's management based on the ship's specific characteristics and arrangement. Smoking, including electronic cigarettes, is prohibited in or near venues serving food, the jogging track, outdoor sporting venues, The Haven outdoor areas and children's pool areas.
Active Casino players may smoke cigarettes in the Casino during gaming hours. Cigarette smoking is not permitted in any other indoor venue or location.
Guests are not permitted to smoke cigarettes, e-cigarettes, cigars or pipes in their staterooms or on their balconies. Cigar and pipe smoking in staterooms and on balconies is prohibited. Smoking inside your stateroom or on your balcony will result in a $250 cleaning charge added to your onboard account. If cigarette burns on furniture, linens, towels or carpeting are detected; guests will be advised and charged for the damages.
Electronic cigarettes cannot be used in public areas where there is a No Smoking policy in force; simply because these cigarettes look so realistic and therefore other guests' perception is that we are not enforcing the No Smoking rule.
What shore excursions are available and how do I book them?
PLAYA MIA GRAND BEACH AND WATER PARK
This party is exclusive to the Mad Decent Boat Party and is included in the Ultimate Mad Decent Block Party experience. You’ll get a delicious lunch, access to an open bar, admission into the water park, and shows from some of your favorite Mad Decent artists. Go for a swim, get cray on some water slides, or just wait for that beat to drop on the beach as you sip on your favorite drink.
Click HERE to learn more!
If you prefer to do something else during our time in Cozumel, you can also check out the shore excursion opportunities offered by Norwegian HERE. You cannot book shore excursions with Norwegian until you are issued a reservation number, which will happen about 4-6 weeks before the cruise sets sail. Once you have been issued the reservation number, you can book excursions online at Norwegian’s website.
Is there internet access on board?
The Norwegian Pearl is equipped with a 24 hour Internet Café and Wi-Fi throughout the ship. The usage rates are the same whether you use the computers in the Café or if you connect a personal device to the Wi-Fi. Click here for more information on rates and services.
What dining options are available on board?
There is no shortage of food onboard; enjoy a quick snack out by the pool, hit the buffet or enjoy 24 hour room service all included in your cabin price! Certain specialty restaurants are available with either nominal cover charges or fixed price menus and à la carte pricing in addition to the standard dining program.
Additionally, the formal dining rooms offer a nicer, sit-down meal for the times you’re more interested in being waited on. These meals are also included in your cabin price.
For more information about the restaurants aboard the Norwegian Pearl, click here.
Can special dietary needs be accommodated?
There are special menus for youngsters and special entrées from Cooking Light®. Special meals are available including low-calorie, vegetarian, no MSG, low/no sodium and low/no cholesterol meals, as well as sugar-free and fat-free desserts.
If you have any food allergy or a dietary requirement that requires Kosher meals or gluten-free food product, please advise Sixthman at the time of booking. Obtaining the product for many of these requests requires 30-days notice prior to sailing, and we want to ensure that Norwegian is able to fulfill your request. Norwegian cannot guarantee Kosher Meal requests made within 30 days of sail date.
For the protection of all of our guests, it is not permissible to bring aboard any food items that would require preparation by the ship’s staff, or food items that would require cold storage in Norwegian's kitchen facilities.
How do I pay for on board expenses?
For your convenience, all shipboard expenses are charged to Norwegian's special onboard credit program. Sign up on the first day of your cruise, by establishing your method of payment with Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, Discover®, Diners Club®,travelers checks or cash. If you choose to settle your account with cash, a deposit will be required in advance. You may also use your debit card; however, please be advised that Norwegian obtains pre-authorization which some banks may hold for up to 30 days.
What types of ship to shore communication are available?
All of Norwegian's ships have computer terminals you can rent by the hour at the Internet Café. You can also telephone, telex, radiogram or fax to anywhere in the world and be billed* at applicable ship-to-shore rates.
Norwegian guests can also be contacted onboard by calling 1.888.NCSHIPS (1.888.627.4477) from the USA. For the rest of the world please dial 1.732.335.3280. Guests may be reached in their staterooms directly from shore via the ship’s satellite. Messages about missed incoming calls also will be delivered to guest staterooms where guests may call back* the shore via satellite.
Norwegian Ship Telephone & Fax Numbers
When calling from the United States: Dial (888) 627-4477, select the ship, and enter your credit card information.
When calling from outside the United States: Dial (732) 335-3280, select the ship, and enter your credit card information.
For information about Norwegian's innovative, new Freestyle Cellular Service, click here.
*Please use American Express, MasterCard and Discover Card, only.